Eco-days in August: 10 World Lion Day, 12 World Elephant Day, 31 World Kitchen Garden
Ladybird Environmental Consulting LLP is a Navi Mumbai based social enterprise that is dedicated to environment protection since 2014. It specializes in providing turnkey solutions for corporates, nonprofits and govt. agencies in the domain of corporate social responsibility and sustainability. Our employees enjoy casual work environment, flexi hours and opportunities for development and a real opportunity to make a difference for environment.
Full time | Work from Home | 10 a.m. to 6.00 p.m. | Salary: Rs. 18,000/- p.m.
In collaboration with Mumbai based Project Coordinator, the Environment Officer will help in execution of the Nizampet Lake Rehabilitation Project in Hyderabad, Telangana State. The 18-month project deals with enhancement of the lake ecology through plantation inside and around it. It also deals with community engagement and education. He/She will represent LEC in Hyderabad and perform the duties as planned in the project plan.
Key responsibilities include:
1. Coordination with Mumbai office, corporate client, local NGO partner, caretaker, vendors and local communities in execution of plantation works that are planned for rehabilitation purpose of the Nizampet Lake
2. Conduct baseline survey of the lake and interact with local communities living around the Nizampet Lake
3. Get soil and water samples analyzed
4. Monitor the ground preparation and plantation works
5. Verify the plant saplings which are brought for plantation purpose
6. Coordinate corporate employee volunteering programmes
7. Accompany biodiversity experts during their surveys
8. Conduct quarterly plantation review surveys
9. Prepare monthly/quarterly progress reports based on the project activities
10. Develop content for signages and get them designed and installed
11. Visit local schools to create awareness about lakes through powerpoint presentations.
· Education: B.Sc. in Zoology/Botany/Lifesciences, M.Sc. in Env. Sciences will be preferred
· Experience: Freshers, 1-2 year any job experience will be preferred
· Age: Below 30 years
· Skillset: Fluency in written and spoken English, additional knowledge of local language will be preferred. Computer and internet working knowledge is essential (MS Office, Google Apps, Social media), additional knowledge of photography and graphic designing will be preferred.
Note: Selected candidate will be working from home therefore having a personal computer is essential for the job.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information about LEC visit www.ladybirdconsulting.co.in Applicants should send a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position to email@example.com by 20 AUGUST 2018. Applications without a covering letter will be not considered.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted. The interview will be held on Google Hangout on selected date.
Please note the selected candidate will be required to submit two reference letters (including one from previous job if applicable).